It is bitter in taste and cold in potency. It balances all three doshas. It is Balya (nourishing and strengthening action) and improves paachan (digestion). It also acts as a Rasayana. (That which increases longevity and general health) and can be used as a general health tonic.
- It is a nutritious juice. It contains Vitamin A, C, E, B12, and folic acid; enzymes such as amylase, lipase, etc which aid in the digestion process; minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, and zinc; various sugars and amino acids.
- It has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe vera acts as a natural laxative because of the presence of Anthraquinones. Anthraquinones speed up bowel movement and help in the easy excretion of stool.
- Aloe vera helps manage constipation due to its Vata balancing and Bhedan (elimination of feces by breaking hard stools) properties. It helps eliminate hard stools smoothly and manage constipation.
- Aloe vera helps in controlling high cholesterol because of its Ama-reducing property. It also helps to remove the blockage from the blood vessels by eliminating toxins.
- It contains a variety of enzymes that help break down fats and sugars in food and aid the absorption of nutrients. It promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in the intestines
- Aloe Vera is very water-dense, so it prevents dehydration. It helps your body detox and flushes out toxins and impurities.
- It is packed with antioxidants and vitamins that help your skin glow. It clears acne, neutralizes the effects of UV radiation, and delays the effects of aging by preventing the formation of lines and wrinkles.
- An excess Ama (toxic remains in the body due to improper digestion) in the body causes an increase in weight. Aloe vera can help manage weight by reducing Ama due to its property of Deepan (increase in the digestive fire). It helps control high blood sugar levels.